Search my work for something specific

Monday, October 22, 2012

Black Bastard A.K.A., B.B.

             This is a journal post.  This will be less about my writing endeavors and more about my personal struggle with accepting the life I was born into, who I am, and sculpting the TraMaine. That you all have grown to love.

        I can't express to you how much this will not be typical.  This will not be structured and it will most likely make you feel things you'd rather not feel when casually enjoying your day.

                                   **WARNING**  **WARNING**  **WARNING**

This post is not for the faint of heart, the weary but for those who have had struggles, heartache, loss loved ones, and lived to tell the tale.

                    I am a black bastard.... 


bas·tard

[bas-terd] Show IPA
noun
1.a person born of unmarried parents; an illegitimate child.
2. Slang a.) a vicious, despicable, or thoroughly disliked person: 
                         Example: Some bastard slashed the tires on my car.
              b.) a person, especially a man: 
                         Example: The poor bastard broke his leg.
3. something irregular, inferior, spurious, or unusual.
 
 

spu·ri·ous

[spyoor-ee-uhs] Show IPA
adjective
1.
not genuine, authentic, or true; not from the claimed, pretended, or proper source; counterfeit.
2.
Biology . (of two or more parts, plants, etc.) having a similar appearance but a different structure.
3.
of illegitimate birth; bastard.
 
 The above definition is what is used on a daily basis to describe people.  The definition is.  I mean it just like that.  The definition is.  It exists and it applies because we make it so.  No matter how much I tell myself that I am not a bastard or spurious in nature.  I am... I just am.   Albeit no fault of my own, all the same I was born into a stigma that has been unacceptable and deemed unclean since the beginning of human society.

No comments:

Post a Comment